Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Black and White

I was actually, not a big fan of black and white (B&W) photography. But, from times to times, after looking and reading stuff related, I think I wanna go and have a try on it. I realised that, to frame a good B&W images, especially in terms of digital imaging, it is not simply as click on Photoshop's convert to black and white button. There are many things that need to be considered.

Shaw Bros
Shaw Brothers' building in Ipoh. It's still there, from the time when I was a child.

According to David DuChemin, a good, memorable picture is the one which will moves you. Moving what? Your heart, your feelings etc since the same moment will not really came twice.
That's what I see in B&W, where the same feeling that can't be conveyed through any other ordinary pictures I and we have taken before.

Mak Abah in BW
My mother and my father. I could see this everyday, everytime when we are together, but was it memorable?

No comments: