Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sakura Festival 2011

Last Saturday, I had my chance to go to International Pacific College, (IPC) since they organised the Sakura Festival 2011. This was my 3rd time being there and unlike the past years, the weather was good ; sunny and cloudy sometimes. But I don't know what's the curse ; the cherry blossom (known as sakura to japanese and most people) was not blooming this time. I saw only few trees were start to bloom.

I went there after Zohor prayer by free bus from city centre. I brought my Nikon D700 with my macro lens (Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8) without any other lenses. The reason was that I want to challenge myself to use fixed focal length to shoot around and also my intention that time was to find some beautiful flowers (especially sakura) and bees.

There were many activities and performances being shown during that time including famous Yosakoi Dance, Kapa Haka, Kecak Dance, kendo demonstration and also Japanese Drum. I didn't take much pictures of the people since I want to concentrate on flowers plus bees.

DSC_3307
Sakura a.k.a. Cherry Blossom.


DSC_3337
Yosakoi Dance performance.


DSC_3359
Ladybird. Found this on one of the trees while watching kendo demonstration.


Bee.
Finally, got this fella. Costs me my track pant (got ripped by rose thorn).


DSC_3396
Kapa Haka performance by school boys :)


Cute.
So cute. Taken after the Japanese Drum performance finished.


DSC_3448
Kecak Dance by Indonesian students in Palmy.


DSC_3558
Seemed like many people asked me to take their pictures that day.


The event ended around 4pm. I'm thinking to come again around next week as most of the sakura trees should be blooming by that time.




1 comment:

mujahidin said...

suka pic ladybird tu.subhanallah