Wednesday, September 28, 2011

500px and POTY2011

Assalamualaikum wbt,

I just signed up for a 500px account. Basically it's almost same like flickr, but in the way that only the best pictures being shared. It also has the blog and the most important feature, the portfolio. Portfolio is like a curriculum vitae or resume for photographer where clients or prospected buyers or employers might have a look on it before any further steps.

For free account, I can only upload 20 pictures a week, which is actually good enough for me as it will restrict me to upload the very best of my pictures. You can visit my 500px HERE.

Screenshot of my 500px.

This Friday is the dateline of Photographer of the Year 2011 (POTY2011) entries to be submitted. For those who don't know yet, I'm entering this time and going to send my best pictures. Not hoping much though, but at least it's worth trying. Wish me luck guys.


p/s : There will be two big photography events held in Kuala Lumpur starting this 1st October. One is KL Photo Festival 2011 (KLPF 2011) at Mid Valley from 7 to 9 October while another is PhotoMalaysia 4th Annual Exhibition at Nikon Centre, Times Square from 1st to 31st of October.

So might worth a visit, plus you guys might have a chance to see my pictures if they're selected for display during the event.



No comments: